A beautiful, plant-based take on our go-to summer salad!
We love sharing our favorite, unexpected Kokada recipes, but to be honest, our team is quite busy. Although we love a good baking challenge or multi-ingredient dinner, we also love our quick, convenient, and satisfying recipes.
This one was inspired by our cofounder's love of all things Thai, a good Thai chicken salad being one of them! This version uses Kokada as a natural sweetener in the dressing, adding a little sweet coconuttiness to our favorite salad. It's a true showcase of Kokada Classic's versatility!
Throw this refined sugar free salad together when you're in a hurry or try this as an easy meal prepped lunch!
Curry Coconut Dressing Ingredients:
· 1/4 c smooth peanut butter
· 1/2 tsp grated ginger (or 1/4 tsp ginger powder)
· 2 tsp tamari or soy sauce
· 1 tbsp Kokada Classic
· 2 tbsp lime juice
· 3/4 tsp curry powder
· Dash of turmeric
· 1/4 c water to thin
· 2 cups chickpeas, drained and rinsed
· 1/3 c red bell pepper
· 1/3 c finely chopped broccoli
· 1/3 c red cabbage
· 1/3 c scallions
· 1/3 c cilantro
· 1/3 roasted cashews
1. Combine all of the dressing ingredients except water in a bowl and whisk to combine. Slowly add the water until the dressing is at your desired consistency.
2. Chop all of the vegetables and herbs.
3. Combine salad ingredients and dress with 1/4 c – 1/2 c dressing. The rest can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 7 days!
4. Mix everything together and enjoy. Add sriracha for a spicy kick!
(Expert Tip: You don't actually need these exact salad ingredients! Just take whatever is in your fridge, chop it up, and add this delicious dressing!)