Spring rolls are the perfect healthy, delicious snack, and adding a bit of Kokada peanut dipping sauce takes it to the next level!
We're the first to order Thai takeout, but unfortunately, our wallets don't always appreciate that. So, we made our own version! These summer rolls are great quick after school snack for the family, healthy lunch, or a healthy party appetizer to share with friends!
We can't say they're 100 percent authentic, but they're pretty close and boy are they delicious! And what is a summer roll without a delicious peanut dipping sauce? We added Kokada Classic to this one to add just a hint of coconutty sweetness, and it really took it to the next level!
Check out our recipe below, or check out @eatkokada on Instagram or TikTok to see a video of how we prepared ours!
Sweet & Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce, makes ¼ cup sauce:
1. Cook the vermicelli noodles according to the package.
2. Saute the mushrooms in a non-stick pan on med/high heat for 6-8 minutes with tamari/soy sauce and garlic powder. (Tip: Wait until all the liquid in the pan has evaporated before mixing and de-glazing the mushrooms with a touch more tamari/soy sauce)
3. While the mushrooms are cooking, chop the cucumber and pepper.
4. Wash and pat dry the cilantro. Cut off the end of the stems.
5. Remove the mushrooms from heat and set aside.
6. Make the dipping sauce by whisking together all the ingredients until smooth. Set aside.
7. Pour warm water in a plate/platter with a lip.
8. Dip your rice paper wrapper into the water and press down so it is submerged.
9. Let it soften for a few seconds before removing it from the water and placing it on a plate or cutting board. (This is where you will make the roll).
10. Like you're making a burrito, place some vermicelli noodles towards the front half of the circle. Leave space on both sides to tuck in later on.
11. Add your cucumbers and bell pepper.
13. Pull the rice paper wrapper over the ingredients and then tuck in the sides before rolling the rest.
14. Following the same method for your second (or third) summer roll.
15. Enjoy with the dipping sauce!