Lightly sweetened, oh-so-cinnamony, Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes are the perfect festive fall dessert!
We love all things pumpkin spice. There. We said it. For some, that may be a hot take, but we're sure there are a few of you who are clapping along with us!
Regardless, whether or not you usually like pumpkin spice, these Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes are perfectly cinnamony, lightly sweetened, and, and a perfect fall dessert to share with friends and family. Insider secret, we sometimes make cupcakes, top half of them with frosting and the other half we leave without frosting and eat at muffins for breakfast lol
Check out the full recipe below, and let us know! Are you a pumpkin spice again!
· 3/4 cup dairy free milk
· 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
· 2 cups oat flour
· 1 tsp arrow root powder or cornstarch
· 2 tsp pumpkin spice
· 1/2 tsp cinnamon
· 1 tsp baking powder
· 1/2 tsp baking soda
· pinch of Salt
· 3/4 cup coconut sugar
· 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
· 1/4 cup Kokada classic
· 1 tsp vanilla extract
· 1/4 cup vegan butter
· 1/4 cup vegan cream cheese
· 2 tbsp Kokada classic
· 2 cups powdered sugar
· 1.5 tsp pumpkin spice seasoning
· 1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Combine milk and apple cider vinegar to create a “buttermilk”. Let sit 5-10 min.
3. Whisk together the dry ingredients: oat flour, arrow root, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
4. In a separate bowl combine the pumpkin, coconut sugar, Kokada, and vanilla.
5. Add half of the dry mixture with half the buttermilk to the wet ingredients. Mix until just combined. Add the rest and mix until just combined.
6. Grease cupcake tins.
7. Fill the tins until about 3/4 full.
8. Bake for 23 minutes. While baking, make the icing.
9. Remove from the oven and let them set in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
1. Add all the frosting ingredients to a bowl.
2. With an electric mixer, beat until smooth.
3. Store the frosting in the fridge until you are ready to ice the cupcakes!