a healthier twist on our favorite, shareable, spring-time dessert!
Whenever we think about spring and summer desserts, our mind always goes to lemon bars and cheesecake. So we thought, what the heck, let's introduce a Kokada, refined sugar free, vegan version of our favorite dessert!
· 2 packets of graham crackers (18 sheets or ~10 oz)
· 1 cup melted butter (not too hot, let it cool closer to room temp)
· 1 tbsp Kokada Classic
· 1/2 tsp lemon zest
· 2 cups of soaked cashews (at least 15 minutes in boiling water)
· 3/4 cup lemon juice
· 1/4 cup Kokada Classic
· 1/4 cup maple syrup
· 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
· 2 tsp vanilla extract
· 1 tbsp lemon zest
· 1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Blend all the ingredients in a food processor. Scrape down the sides and keep blending until you have a fine, crumbly texture.
3. Press firmly into an 8x8 parchment lined pan.
4. Bake for 10 minutes while you prepare the filling.
1. Blend all the ingredients in a high speed blender (we use a Vitamix) until the filling is smooth. Scrape down the sides when needed.
2. Pour the filling over the baked crust.
3. Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
4. Let the lemon bars cool in the pan (about 2hours) and then stick them in the fridge for 4 hours, or overnight.