Chocolately, banana-ey, creamy goodness all in one. This is about to be your family's favorite dessert!
Growing up, our parents used to make fresh brownies and let us sit on the counter and eat as much as we could (suspect we know). So there's just something really nostalgic about a good, homemade brownie.
As we grew up, we wanted that same feeling but without the sugar rush and crash so we introduce to you, our "healthier" Banana Cream Brownies! Now, don't be afraid of the "healthier" descriptor because honestly, you wouldn't know that these are made with better-for-you ingredients if we didn't tell you!
Optional final step: Eat at least one piece slightly warm while the rest cools!
Banana Cream Pudding ingredients
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Mash the banana in a bowl. Mix in the wet ingredients - Kokada Brownie Spread, maple syrup, and vanilla extract
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the oat flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder
4. Add the dry ingredients and the chocolate chips to the wet ingredients. Fold in until combined. Don’t over mix.
5. Pour into a parchment lined 8x8 pan. Two edges of the parchment should fold over the pan so it is easy to remove.
6. The brownie batter is thick. Use a spatula to spread evenly in the pan. Try to make the edges a higher, like a pie crust.
7. Bake for 10 minutes and let cool for 1-2 hours.
1. In a medium saucepan whisk together the coconut cream and the arrowroot powder until it's well combined. Then on medium heat, whisk for 5-10 minutes until it thickens. Scrape the sides of the pot down occasionally.
2. Remove from the heat. Add the remaining ingredients in (except the banana slices) and whisk until combined.
3. Pour into a glass bowl. Let it cool for 15 minutes. Then cover and put in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
1. Once the brownie has cooled, layer the sliced banana on top of it.
2. Scoop the chilled pudding on top of the sliced banana and spread evenly.
3. Cover with plastic wrap and set in the fridge overnight.
4. Enjoy the next day with more banana slices and dairy free whipped cream!!