The easiest 15-minute appetizer ever!
Got a few minutes? This is the absolute EASIEST appetizer or snack that is sure to please the crowd! Add your favorite crackers or put it as the show stopping center to your charcuterie board!
· Phyllo dough or puff pastry
· 1 tbsp apricot preserves
· 2 tsp Kokada
· Brie cheese
· For serving: rosemary, crackers and/or Italian bread
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Defrost the phyllo dough - follow package instructions. It should be cold but not frozen.
3. Place 8-10 sheets of dough on a lightly floured surface or parchment paper.
4. Optional: use a rolling pin to roll out the phyllo dough so that it is easier to shape.
5. Combine: the apricot preserves and Kokada in a small bowl.
6. Spread it onto the phyllo dough so that it will be the same size as your wheel of brie.
7. Place the cheese on top of the preserves. You can keep the rind on as it is edible.
8. Fold the corners of the pastry over the cheese so that it is completely covered. You can trim any excess dough and use it to make shapes for the top if you desire!
9. Place the wrapped brie in a parchment lined baking pan or sheet.
10. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. You can use a toothpick to check if the cheese is melty.
11. Allow to cool for 10minutes before serving with your choice of crackers, bread, or fruit. Top with extra Kokada and apricot preserves!